High Performance Cricket Program
For students in Years 7-10
Tranby’s High Performance Cricket (HPC) Program designed for students interested in cricket, who want to develop their skills and understanding of the game and industry. Led by former professional New Zealand cricketer and accredited coach, Brendon Diamanti, the program offers a holistic cricket education with a strong focus on the development of the whole person, preparing students for a variety of post-school cricket and sporting industry pathway opportunities.
Program Structure and Outcomes
The High Performance Cricket Program will run during school hours (with training before school) as a two-year syllabus across Years 7-8 and Years 9-10, with the depth and complexity of content increasing over time.
Students who participate will complete the below units with the intention of achieving the following outcomes:
- Enhanced skills for cricket including decision making, movement and tactical skills.
- Leadership, self-management, and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge, understanding and application of movement, strength, and conditioning concepts.
- Skills, knowledge and understanding of cricket and sport industry fields.
Full syllabus details for the program available upon request.
Eligibility, Selection and Commitment
Students interested in the High Performance Cricket Program will need to submit an application, with shortlisted candidates then undergoing trials if required. HPC students will be required to represent Tranby College at local cricket carnivals and various other Inter-school matches.
As part of the application process, students will be required to:
- Outline their cricketing skills and history.
- Detail their personal cricketing goals.
- Provide details of their enrolment/intended enrolment to a local cricket club.
- Submit referee details for a club coach.
As part of trials, shortlisted applicants will participate in:
- Skills testing – batting, bowling, fielding/wicketkeeping and athletic ability, and
- Basic match play – nets v’s small games.
Only students with the right attitude and ability will be invited to participate in the program. Whilst the expectation around criteria and selection are of high importance, anyone with a genuine passion for cricket and a willingness to strive to achieve their best in the sport is encouraged to apply.
Students who participate in the High Performance Cricket Program will have the opportunity to gain:
- Cricket Australia Community Coach Accreditation (Level 1).
- Cricket Australia Community Umpiring Accreditation (Level 1).
- Industry workplace learning.
- Participation in the Bunbury Big Bash T20 Cricket Carnival.
- Participation in the Rockingham Cricket Carnival.
- First aid certificate.
(Opportunities will vary subject to age group and length of participation.)
How to apply and more information
Places for the program are in high demand and so applications are considered on a case-by-case basis, subject to availability. Please contact the College Registrar, Mrs Justine Robertson on 08 9524 2424, if you are interested in applying for your child.
For more information on the program, please contact Mr Brendon Diamanti via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.