We currently have no vacancies
Should you be interested in relief work as an Education Assistant with students in Years 7-12 please forward your CV to email@example.com or bring to the College Reception. You are also required to have a current WWCC.
Information for Job Applicants
Guidelines for Job Applicants
These guidelines are designed to help you prepare your application and plan for your possible interview at Tranby College.
If you need to find out more about the position, please contact Mrs Chris Calver, Principal's Secretary, on 9524 2424.
Preparing your Application
After an assessment of all the applications a short list of candidates will be drawn up and those people will be invited to an interview. This decision will be based on the information you provide in your application.
Your initial suitability for the role will be determined by the information and experiences presented in your Curriculum Vitae and how the College sees this meeting its' needs. Consequently, you should ensure that your Curriculum Vitae is detailed, easy to read and up to date.
Your application will be treated as private and confidential and be handled only by individuals involved in the selection process.
Your application should include the following documentation:
- The covering letter is an introduction to your application. This is an opportunity for the College to gain a 'sense' of the applicant.
- State the name of the position, why you consider yourself eligible for it and why it interests you.
- Personal details - full name, address, telephone number (work, home and mobile), email address .
- Your qualifications, education and training and achievements with relevant dates and institutions (include results of recent qualifications and any courses you are currently undertaking).
- Current position and area/s of responsibility.
- A summary of your other work experiences, starting at the most recent. Include dates and details of the positions or types of tasks that were required .
- Include any 'acting' positions undertaken.
- Any other information or experience undertaken outside of work that is relevant to the application.
The successful applicant for teaching positions will demonstrate:
- The qualifications, attributes and skills outlined in Beliefs about Learning and Teaching.
The successful applicant for non-teaching positions will demonstrate:
- Significant and/or comparable experience in a similar role/s.
- Demonstrated qualifications relevant to the role (if required).
- A commitment to supporting an environment that encourages the learning and development of students which will enable them to achieve to their highest potential.
- Willingness to participate in the overall life of the school.
- You should list at least three (3) recent referees;
- Make contact with your referees before listing them in your application.
- Always ensure you provide names and accurate work addresses along with current telephone and email contact information.
- Information on referees should be included in the CV.
- Include only referees who are able to comment specifically on your work experience.
- The selection panel will discuss your application with nominated referees but also reserves the right to consult with other persons who may have knowledge of your experience.
Certificates and Clearances
All candidates should be aware that it is a condition of your employment at Tranby College to provide the following certificates and clearances should you be successful in securing the position:
- Teachers Registration Board of WA (TRBWA) Registration (teachers only).
- A current Working with Children Check (this will be outlined in your letter of offer).
Lodgment of Applications
- Check the closing date for applications and ensure that yours is in by the due date.
Applications should be posted to:
Mrs Chris Calver
PO Box 2186
Rockingham DC WA 6967
Email applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Your application may also be hand delivered to:
Tranby College Reception
17 Tranby Drive
Settler's Hills, Baldivis WA